Monday 24 September 2012

It's a given!

Your whole life, you've been searching for somebody you can give every bit of you. Your whole life, you've been searching for somebody to adore. Somebody to treat. Somebody to care for. Somebody to pamper. Somebody who understands you for you. Who'll except you for who you are - excitement and all. Somebody to love.

My whole life, I've been looking for somebody who'll let me take care of them. Somebody who will take me for me. Somebody who'll handle me at my worst and appreciate me at my best. My whole life, I've been searching for somebody who'll go to the ends of the Earth to make sure I'm okay - even when I say I am.

In life, we go through stages. Times where you try new things. Times where you hide away. Times where things are exciting and new. Times where things go wrong. Times where you know what to do and times where you don't. Times where you trust easily and times where you don't trust at all.

Every person has a dark side. Every person has a side they hide. Then somebody special comes into ones life and you get comfortable. When maximum comfort is reached, the special somebody get to meet the person's hidden side. That is when the decision is made. Will the special somebody stick with the person - even after they've met the hidden side. The dark side.

I'm terrified that you would one day decide to pack your things, because of my dark side.

What if you come home one night, tired and exhausted because of work. What if, on that exact same time, I have a bad day - my emotions are mixed up, or I'm just grumpy and can't hide it. What if we fight and you decide to walk.

These questions ponder around in my head. And some part of me know that I'm being crazy and you won't do something like that to me, to you, to us. But still, there remains a very small part of me terrified of the slightest possibility of that happening.

Then I look into your eyes again and I see all the reassurance I need. I see that you are the one who can handle my worst days. I see you letting me take care of you. I see that even when we can't figure out exactly what's going on inside, we'll still be able to work through all the rough patches.

We'll both say what's on our mind. We'll have the power, the strength and the will of the Lord. And in His time, His plans will work as they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment