Monday 10 September 2012

Stolen kiss

 From that moment you stole that kiss...

In my days, I always make a guy wait at least a month before they could even think about kissing me - I needed to make sure they were the real deal and not just a one time thing. I had to be sure that they would stick around, even the times I forbade physical touch in our relationship.

I had to make sure they liked me for me and not for my body or my kiss.

The one time I let my guard down. That one time proved to be my biggest lesson yet. A lesson I shall not forget. A lesson I don't want to learn again.

With you, it was different. We talked for months, before I got the chance to see you again. With you, I had time to fall in love - over and over and over again.

And just as I started thinking that my mind was creating it's own reality, you would do something to reassure me that you were real. Just as I was sure that I started living in my minds own reality, you showed up and made my dreams come true.

Then you stole a kiss. You stole one kiss and made sure my heart skipped a beat when you stole a second kiss.

Now that I can call you mine, and you can call me yours, we can build this relationship on a Rock-foundation. Our Rock would be our Father that art in heaven - for His love knows no boundaries and with Him in our lives, we can be sure to be safely wrapped in His arms.

 I didn't say yes the first time you asked me to be yours, in your arms while we both stole a glance at our star. I wanted to wait and tell my dad - tell my dad that it's all real and not something my mind created.

But just before you asked me a second time, the second time also being just as our star made it's appearance. Just before the second time you asked me, you stole a kiss. And by stealing that kiss, I was already yours to hold.

From that moment you kissed me, there was no turning back. No second guessing. No running away.

From that moment your lips touched mine, you took my breath away. You sealed our future. You claimed me to be yours to see what the future holds. Together we will face life's little ups and downs.

Together, you and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment