Sunday 4 August 2013

Consuming... Confusing



"When you can explain why you love somebody, it's not called -love- it's simply called -like-. For loving somebody doesn't need a reason. It never did need a reason."


When I met the man of my dreams I never thought I'd have to write a list of reasons to why I love him. Since when are people obliged to write down a list of reasons to why one loves a person. For when you write a list, are you writing it according to that which you know the person wants to hear, or are you writing that which you know is true. For every person has a different meaning of love. And who says my reasons for loving a person will be good enough for the person who acquired the list?

For one would love a family member, simply because they're family. And one would love a friend, simply for they are a friend. And one would love they neighbor, simply because they're the neighbor. So why would one require a list of reasons to explain why one loves the man of they dreams?

I have a million reasons to why we fit perfectly. I have a million reasons why you're the one for me. I have a million reasons as to why this will work. And I know this is love. For when one knows, one knows. There's no explaining it. There's no way to grasp love. Love is not something to define. Love is something to feel. Something to experience.
He needs no reason to love her. He simply loves her for all the things they've been through. She simply loves him for all the way's he's carried her. There's no reasons, for no reason is needed when you love. No explanation is required. Love is simply a feeling. It's simply a connection between two people who will go to the ends of Earth to be with one another. It's simply two people who will provide and forgive. Who will trust and understand. Who will learn and live. Who will face the challenges of the world together.

Love isn't a list of reasons. Love simply is.

No comments:

Post a Comment